In this month of May dedicated to Our Lady, I wanted to share a special devotion to honor her with. I had only been familiar with the chaplet to the Seven Sorrows of Mary, but a friend recently shared with me that there is also a devotion of the Seven Hail Mary's to honor her Seven Sorrows. This would be a wonderful practice during her month . . . and afterwards as well!
The Seven Sorrows: (pray one Hail Mary while meditating on each Sorrow)
1. The Prophecy of Simeon
2. The Flight into Egypt
3. The Loss of the Child Jesus in the Temple
4. Jesus and Mary Meet on the Way to Calvary
5. The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus
6. Jesus is Laid in Mary's Arms
7. The Burial of Jesus
The Seven Graces:
1. I will grant peace to their families.
2. They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries.
3. I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
4. I will give them as much as they ask for, as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
5. I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy, and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
6. I will visibly help them at the moment of their death; they will see the face of their Mother.
7. I have obtained (this grace) from my Divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.
Let us honor Our Lady and console her in her Sorrows!