|Pall from Holywell in England|
The devotion to the Precious Blood is one of my favorites. The simple prayers below offer such beautiful promises and give much glory to God. Most of us will not likely be actual martyrs, but these prayers offer in the fourth promise that it will be as if we had died martyrs by honoring the Precious Blood through this devotion. How amazing! Let us not miss these simple opportunities of strengthening our Faith and consoling the Heart of Jesus.
Devotion to the Drops of Blood Lost by Our Lord Jesus Christ
on His Way to Calvary
St. Elizabeth, Queen of Hungary, St. Matilda, and St. Bridget, wishing to know something of the Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ, offered fervent and special prayers, upon which Our Lord revealed to them:
To all the faithful who shall recite for 3 years each day, 2 Our Father's, 2 Hail Mary's, and 2 Glory Be's in honor of the drops of Blood I lost, I will concede the following 5 graces:
1. The plenary indulgence and remittance of your sins.
2. You will be free from the pains of Purgatory.
3. If you should die before completing the said 3 years, for you it will be the same as if you had completed them.
4. It will be upon your death the same as if you had shed all your blood for the Holy Faith.
5. I will descend from Heaven to take your soul and that of your relatives, until the fourth generation.
(Blessed by Pope St. Leo XIII in Rome April 5, 1890).
Happy Feast Day of the Precious Blood of Jesus!