The Pardon Crucifix
|Pardon Crucifix available at |
as a one decade rosary.
November marks the month of the Holy Souls in Purgatory in which we especially remember the faithful departed in our prayers and sacrifices. I recently discovered this beautiful sacramental through a friend called the "Pardon Crucifix." Granted by His Holiness, Pope Pius X to the Pius Union of the Pardon Crucifix, the aim of this devotion is to obtain pardon of God and to pardon one’s neighbor. This crucifix must be blessed by a priest to gain the indulgences.
1. Whoever carries on his person the Pardon Crucifix may thereby gain an indulgence.
2. For devoutly kissing the crucifix, an indulgence is gained.
3. Whoever says one of the following invocations before this crucifix may gain each time an indulgence: “Our Father who art in heaven, forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.” “I beg the Blessed Virgin Mary to pray to the Lord our God for me.”
4. Whoever habitually devout to this crucifix will fulfill the necessary conditions of Confession and Holy Communion may gain a plenary indulgence on the following feasts: the Five Wounds of Our Lord, the Invention of the Holy Cross, the Exaltation of the Holy Cross, the Immaculate Conception, and the Seven Sorrows of Mary.
5. Whoever at the moment of death, fortified with the Sacraments of the Church, or contrite of heart, in the supposition of being unable to receive them, will kiss this crucifix and ask pardon of God for his sins and pardon his neighbor will gain a plenary indulgence.
I wanted to share this unique sacramental as an idea for the Poor Souls this month, but also the last one for ourselves when we may be in the hour of need! May we be diligent in obtaining indulgences to usher the departed into everlasting life.